- M.A., Counselling Psychology, University of British Columbia,
- B.Ed., Secondary Education, University of British Columbia,
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR Level 2)
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist, Advanced Clinician
- Certified Emotionally Focussed Therapy for Couples
- Integrative Psychotherapy, advanced clinical training
- Gestalt Training
- Transactional Analysis, advanced clinical training
- Presentation on Marital Therapy and Substance Abuse. Addiction
Conference, U.B.C., May 1999.
- Tolsma, R.J., Driol, M.E., & Hiland, T.A. (1992). Psychotherapy
and addiction: A survey of journals. The
International Journal of the Addictions, 27 (11), 1249-1266.
- Counselling Skills Certificate Program at Vancouver Community
- Substance Abuse Certificate Program at Vancouver Community
- Sexual Abuse and Substance Abuse Workshop at the Justice Institute
- Development of standards for clinical treatment methods and
documentation systems for alcohol and drug programs
- Evaluation of direct and funded treatment resources
- Coordination of resources between all services as required
- Application of research to assess viability of treatment programs
for alcohol and drug treatment programs.